Moodle is the open-source learning management system (LMS) used by Beloit College. Moodle can be used for posting course readings, syllabi, creating online activities for students, and more.
- We have two separate instances of Moodle: Moodle [for all academic courses], and Moodle Groups [for all administrative courses (committees, reading groups, etc.)].
- Please visit our Moodle Help course for tutorials and other information about working in and with Moodle.
- Past courses will be grouped annually and listed on the Moodle Archive page.
- For Moodle support, submit a SchoolDude request using Learning Management System
- Moodle Help
- Moodle Policy
- Off-campus Access to Subscription Resources
- Accessing Resources via Proxy
- Integrating Library Resources with Moodle
- Moodle Video Demonstrations
Requesting a Course
If you would like to request the creation of a course in Moodle Groups please make the request through SchoolDude. You do not need to request academic courses as they are are created automatically.
To make a request:
- Navigate to SchoolDude.
- Enter your Beloit College account credentials to log in.
- Click the "IT Request" tab.
- Enter your location information.
- Select Learning Management System as the problem type (click on the icon).
- Enter a description of the issue you are having or if you are requesting the creation of a Moodle Groups course you will need to enter the following information:
- desired title for the course
- additional course facilitators
- any additional notes.
- Enter tag number of the computer you are using.
- Attach any files (if necessary).
- Click Submit.