First Year Exploratory Program
The mission of the First Year Exploratory Program is to support first year students' academic and social integration into Beloit College. This program seeks to enable each student to proactively develop and implement an individual plan of academic success.
The main goal of this program is to help students obtain placement in a summer learning opportunity such as an internship or an independent project.
Developing an Academic Trajectory (.25)
The First Year Exploratory Program helps students obtain placement in a summer learning opportunity such as an internship or an independent project.
- Develop a blog article
- Attend monthly workshops
- Attend weekly advising sessions with faculty to develop academic and career interests
- Complete an application for a summer job, internship, or research opportunity.
- Learn about and apply for additional funding to support their summer experience.
- Prepare for McNair, Graduate Scholars Exploratory Fellows (GSEF) Mellon, or other OADI programs
To be eligible for this program you must be a full time student at Beloit and have met one of the following criteria:
- first generation student
- has demonstrated a need/low income as established by the U.S. Department of Education
- an underrepresented minority
*You must also possess at least a 2.75 GPA and be interested in attending graduate school. (Please note: After your application is submitted our office will request your first semester transcript.)
Individuals interested in studying STEM fields and males who also meet the above eligibility requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application and Deadline
Deadline for the First-Year Exploratory Program is December 1 of the previous year by 5pm.
- 2018-2019 First Year Exploratory Program Application
Learn about other programs at Office of Academic Diversity and Inclusiveness (OADI).