Schedule a Car
Have a liberal arts in practice experience in mind but no way to get there? Did you know that the Liberal Arts in Practice Center (LAPC) can help with that? The LAPC has three vehicles for students, staff and faculty to use.
- be approved to drive college vehicles through security
- meet with the LAPC Office Coordinator to go over your reason for borrowing the car
The price of gas. When you pick the car up, it will have a full tank of gas. Upon returning the car after each use, it is your responsibility to fill the tank completely.
Note: If you are driving through a program or particular office you may inquire about getting your gas receipts reimbursed.
LAPC vehicles can only be used for liberal arts in practice experiences and professional development opportunities:
- jobs, internships, and volunteering
- community-based learning activities
- conferences and workshops
- job and informational interviews
- job shadowing
LAPC cars may be used by students for transportation to sites within 1 hour from Beloit College as estimated by Google Maps. Trips to more distant locations require the participation of a faculty or staff member and prior consent from the Director of Community-Based Learning.
Cars are available on a first-come, first served basis by prior reservation with the Liberal Arts in Practice Center Office Coordinator.
Currently 3 compact cars are able to be reserved through the LAPC at various times and days.
Note: Cars are scheduled in two week blocks, the LAPC cannot guarantee a vehicle for the entire semester.
Steps to Reserve a LAPC Car
- Become a registered driver through Security (this includes paperwork, a background check, and a drive with a member of security).
- Fill out the Liberal Arts in Practice Center Vehicle Agreement form.
- Make an appointment with Emily Sager to go over paperwork and rules.