The Liberal Arts in Practice Center (LAPC)
Upcoming LAPC Sponsored Events
- UW Law School Recruiter Visit & Information Session, Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 12:00-2:00 PM- Mathers Room, Pearsons
- Applying to Graduate School: What to Do, When. Thinking of attending graduate school? Come find out more about the application process and what you need to do and when! Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 1:00-1:50 PM- Liberal Arts in Practice Center
- Common Grant Funding Workshop, Monday, November 5, 2018, 7:00-8:15 PM- Liberal Arts in Practice Center
Offices and Programs
- Career Development
Students and professional staff in Career Development provide resources and guidance for students during and after their time at Beloit. The staff can assist students with the development of their professional portfolio, searching for opportunities, preparing for interviews, networking, and other endeavors.
- Community-Based Learning
The Office of Community-Based learning consults with students, faculty, and community partners to shape beyond the classroom learning opportunities which take many forms—Liberal Arts in Practice courses, field trips, research and special projects, community service and activism—and more.
- Internships & Summer Research Programs
Internships and summer research programs are two ways current Beloit College students gain experience and conduct research over the summer.
- Common Grant
The Common Grant supports experiential learning opportunities during the summer. With a single application student proposals are considered for funding from six sources.
- Field Experience Grant (FEG) Program
Field Experience Grants ares awarded to some first-year students by the Admissions Office upon acceptance. This grant funds experiential learning opportunities during the summer after recipient's first year at Beloit College.
- First Year Exploratory Program (FYEP)
The First Year Exploratory Program is a class in which first year students develop and implement an individual plan for academic success and apply for summer learning opportunities.
- Volunteer Center (CCOC)
The Campus and Community Outreach Center (CCOC) connects students with one-time and ongoing service opportunities in the greater Beloit community.