Field Experience Program
What is the Field Experience Grant Program
The Field Experience Program (also referred to as the FEG program) is an opportunity for first-year Beloit College students who received the Field Experience Grant opportunity as part of their admission package to connect their experiences and interests, test them out in new places, and build confidence in their ability to pursue their dreams at college and beyond. Funding of up to $2,000 will support a significant self-designed learning opportunity in the summer following each recipient's first year.
To learn more about what Field Experience Grant students think about their experience, listen to Field Experience podcasts.
Current Field Experience Grant Students
Congratulations to each of you on receiving grant awards for your proposed projects! What will your learning adventure be? Whatever it is, we’re here to help you take full advantage of this opportunity to jump-starting your Beloit College liberal arts experience. By the spring, we’re confident you’ll be prepared to design and take charge of your own summer learning experience.
We look forward to working with you to craft this opportunity and to start putting the liberal arts into practice.
Need help writing your FEG proposal?
Come and see Jeffrey and Eddie.
Drop in hours: Mondays evenings from 6pm-9pm at the LAPC (enjoy cookies and hot chocolate while you work on your FEG proposal )
Mondays 10-11 and Fridays 9am-11am by appointment. https://lapc.youcanbook.me/
Need a resume?
Come and see LAPC staff. https://lapc.youcanbook.me/
Please refer to the following documents, forms, and resources:
- Proposal Form - Must be completed and returned by Monday, April 1st, 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions- Additional information about the Field Experience Grant.
- International Travel Information - Additional information and requirements for students going abroad.
- Volunteering Abroad - Valuable information for those seeking to volunteer abroad.
- FEG Proposal Rough Draft Worksheet- to help you craft your proposal
- FEG budget worksheet - complete with samples of shared and individual budgets
- Rubric for evaluating your FEG proposal - important to know as you begin researching and writing.
- Tax Statement
- Institutional Review Board(IRB) approval- IRB approval is needed if you plan on photographing, interviewing, or surveying people for your Field Experience. This is an approval process that is done separately from the Field Experience proposal. Follow the link for more information. It is important to talk to your coach about this process and to start early.
- Common Grant information- Important if you apply for additional funding. Scroll down to 'Common Grant Application Form.'
For any questions regarding the FEG, please contact: