Moodle is the open-source learning management system (LMS) used by Beloit College. Moodle can be used for posting course readings, syllabi, creating online activities for students, and more. For the latest news regarding Moodle at Beloit, click here.
We have two separate instances of Moodle:
- Moodle [for all academic courses]
- Moodle Groups [for all administrative courses (committees, reading groups, etc.)]
Past courses will be grouped annually and listed on the Moodle Archive page. These instance(s) will only be available within the campus network.
For additional information and or questions, contact the Moodle Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org, x2456).
- Moodle Policy
- Moodle Documentation from Moodle.org
- Working With Moodle: Student
- Working With Moodle: Teacher
- Moodle Gradebook
- Attendance in Moodle
- Moving Materials from old Moodle to new Moodle
- Off-campus Access to Subscription Resources
- Accessing Resources via Proxy
- Integrating Library Resources with Moodle
- Moodle Video Demonstrations
Requesting a Course
If you would like to request the creation of a course in Moodle Groups please make the request through SchoolDude. You may only request Moodle Groups courses through SchoolDude. You do not need to request academic courses as they are are created automatically through an integration between Moodle and JICS (the Portal).
To make a request:
1. Navigate to the SchoolDude Requestor page
2. Enter your Beloit College email address to log in.
3. Click the "IT Request" tab
4. Enter your location information
5. Select Learning Management System as the problem type (click on the icon)
If this is an emergency, check the box to note that. You may also call or email IT Support at x2067 or email@example.com
6. Enter a description of the issue you are having or if you are requesting the creation of a Moodle Groups course you will need to enter the following information:
- desired title for the course
- additional course facilitators
- any additional notes
7. Enter tag number of the computer you are using
8. Attach any files (if necessary)
9. Enter the submittal password (this may be found on the SchoolDude page in the Portal)
10. Click Submit