Beloit College Resources
- Beloit College Mission Statement
- Beloit College Goals
- Beloit College Common Dataset
- Beloit College Fact Book
- 2016-17 Accreditation
- The Wabash Study 2010 at Beloit College
Resources for Departments
- Departmental Review Resources and Support (Beloit log-in required)
- ASP Reports for Departments Proposing Tenure-Track Positions
Resources for Faculty
Each semester, the IRAP office prepares course evaluations for all course sections with three or more students enrolled. Faculty distribute the course evaluations in their courses, and students provide answers to multiple-choice and free-text questions about themselves as students, the course, and the professor. (See Academic Policy Manual Chapter 6, D. Faculty Employment Obligations, Section 3. Evaluation of Courses)
- Each semester: Within a few weeks after grades have been submitted, IRAP sends course evaluation summary reports to all course instructors. The first set of reports shows average scores or free text for all the questions. The second set of reports shows average scores compared with departmental averages and college-wide averages.
- In review years: IRAP automatically distributes historic course evaluation reports to faculty undergoing Second Year, Fourth Year, and Tenure Reviews by July 1 of the review year. Faculty who would like additional materials (e.g. scans of individual course evaluation forms, individualized comparison reports) are invited to email Ellie Anderbyrne (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an appointment. These consultations for individual course evaluation requests may be scheduled until July 1.
- For more information about course evaluation data availability, reporting options, and guidance and deadlines related to requests, see Course Evaluation Resources for the Faculty Review Process (Beloit log-in required)
- Further information regarding the tenure review process can be can found on the webpage of the Faculty Status & Performance Committee.
- Wabash Center of Inquiry in the Liberal Arts Wabash National Study of Liberal Arts Education ("a large-scale, longitudinal study to investigate critical factors that affect the outcomes of liberal arts education.") Beloit College joined the Wabash Study in 2010.
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) Assessment Resources
- College Learning for the New Global Century (AA&CU's Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) project)
- New Leadership for Student Learning and Accountability (Statement of Principles)
- Levels of Assessment: From the Student to the Institution (includes descriptions of five levels of assessment at the college level, including relevant questions and evidence)
- Resources for General Education
- Liberal Education and the Disciplines, April 2009 (special issue)
- National Institute for Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) The NILOA Searchable Publications is a library of learning outcomes assessment resources.
- NC State University Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment Among the largest regularly updated link warehouses for assessment in higher education; contains links sorted by type of assessment, disciplinary focus, institution, and other sub-categories.