Student Survey Data
In order to learn and improve, Beloit College regularly surveys students about their experiences. Beloit College participates in a range of surveys to cover different areas of the student experience.
- Beloit College participates in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) every three years.
- The CIRP Surveys are a group of linked surveys developed by the Higher Education Research Group. The CIRP Freshman Survey is administered annually to all incoming Beloit College students. The CIRP Your First College Year Survey and CIRP College Senior Survey are administered every three years.
- Beloit College participated in the HEDS Sexual Assault and Campus Climate in spring 2016.
- Beloit College surveys recent graduates to learn about their "first destinations" after Beloit.
- Beloit College participated in the HEDS Teaching Quality Survey in 2015-16. The survey is based on the Wabash National Study.
- Beloit College participates in the Measuring Information Service Outcomes (MISO) Survey every three years.
- The Residence Life Survey is administered by the Beloit College Office of Residential Life to understand students' residential and co-curricular experiences and behaviors.
- The Core Alcohol and Drug Survey is administered by the Beloit College Office of Residential Life to understand students' health and social behaviors.
- Beloit College carefully evaluates which surveys will provide the most opportunities for learning and improvement. Beloit College sometimes decides to stop participation in certain surveys or assessment instruments it has been involved with in the past. Examples include the Collegiate Learning Assessment and the Student Affairs Survey.