The college will test its emergency alert system on Wednesday (Sept. 2) at 12:30 p.m. As a part of the test, all faculty, staff, and students should receive an email, phone call, and text message at or around the common hour.
Level of Academic Challenge Benchmark 2011
Challenging intellectual and creative work is central to student learning and collegiate quality. Colleges and universities promote high levels of student achievement by emphasizing the importance of academic effort and setting high expectations for student performance.
(Graph shows benchmark scores.)
NSSE Questions Used to Calculate Benchmark Score:
- Preparing for class (studying, reading, writing, doing homework or lab work, etc. related to academic program)
- Number of assigned textbooks, books, or book-length packs of course readings
- Number of written papers or reports of 20 pages or more; number of written papers or reports of between 5 and 19 pages; and number of written papers or reports of fewer than 5 pages
- Coursework emphasizes: Analysis of the basic elements of an idea, experience or theory
- Coursework emphasizes: Synthesis and organizing of ideas, information, or experiences into new, more complex interpretations and relationships
- Coursework emphasizes: Making of judgments about the value of information, arguments, or methods
- Coursework emphasizes: Applying theories or concepts to practical problems or in new situations
- Working harder than you thought you could to meet an instructor's standards or expectations
- Campus environment emphasizes: Spending significant amount of time studying and on academic work.
There are no items available.