Institutional Research, Assessment & Planning
Every day, people at Beloit College are making decisions, forming plans, and designing programs to serve our students well.
The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning (IRAP) partners with people to get them the evidence they need to be informed when they make decisions, plan, and design. IRAP aims to responsively and proactively provide accurate and objective information to stakeholders across campus.
What can IRAP provide?
- Key metrics and indicators that measure some of the most important things about our college and our students
- More data about the college, including a fact book, Common Datasets, departmental reports, student survey data, comparison groups, and more
- Resources that faculty, staff, students, and the general public can use to learn more about the college, assessment, and more
- Support for faculty, department chairs, departmental reviews, grants, and staff.
What other things does IRAP do?
- IRAP carries out statistical and policy analyses to inform the college decision-making process, to support long-range planning, and to provide public accountability.
- IRAP produces produces official institutional statistics.
- IRAP responds to external requests for information from state and federal governments, other agencies and consortia, and interested parties who need up-to-date information related to college processes, accountability, and academic programs.
- IRAP supports and advises institutional, departmental, and programmatic inquiry surrounding student learning outcomes and program effectiveness.