Gifts of Stock
Stock Transfer Information
From your Brokerage Account:
1. Contact Denise LaMaster in the Gift Planning office at 800-331-4943 or 608-363-2650, or by email at email@example.com. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- the stock and number of shares you plan to donate
- the gift designation for your contribution
- the name and contact information for your broker
- the approximate date on which you plan to initiate the transfer
2. Contact your broker with the following instructions:
- Beloit’s transfer agent: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank is DTC participant # 902
- Account information: P72500 FFC to W28377005 for the Board of Trustees of Trustees of Beloit College
Please note: Special arrangements must be made in advance with the college’s Gift Planning Office before initiating a gift of mutual fund shares or closely held, thinly traded or restricted stock. Because these gifts can take more than 10 business days to process, it is important to contact the college early, especially at calendar year-end.
Your receipt and acknowledgement from Beloit College
Your gift will be dated on the date it is received in the college account at JP Morgan Chase and a receipt will be issued for its value based on the average of the reported high and low for the donated security on the date of the gift.
If you have stock certificates
Please send a dated cover letter and the unendorsed certificates by registered mail to:
Attn: Gift Planning
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Include your name, address and the purpose of the gift. In a separate envelope, send the stock power (available from your broker or banker) and a copy of your cover letter. The stock power should be left blank except for the date and your signature, which must be exactly as your name appears on the stock certificate.