James E. Duffy Society
Named for a member of the Class of 1949, the James E. Duffy’49 Society (formerly the Heritage Society) celebrates the vision James Duffy brings to his philanthropy at Beloit and exemplifies how all Beloit College donors can shape their charitable legacies.
The James E. Duffy’49 Society plays a vital role in the future of Beloit College. Last fall, Fast Forward: The Campaigns for Beloiters was launched as a series of focused fundraising initiatives aimed at supporting the mission of Beloit and enhancing the reputation of Beloit College. Through imaginative gifts like Duffy’s and estate gift plans that will build endowment for long-term support of the college, energizing resources are provided for the life-changing work of students and faculty. This is an opportunity for everyone to be a part of the growth and success of Beloit College. Your passion for Beloit College, your confidence and commitment to her future can be easily realized.
When individuals inform the College that Beloit is included in their estate plans--such as bequests, beneficiary designations on an IRA or insurance policy, gift annuities or charitable trusts--they are automatically enrolled as members of the Beloit College James E. Duffy Society. The rewards that come with membership are:
- A distinctive pin
- An estate-planning newsletter
- An invitation to the annual recognition luncheon and program presented during Reunion weekend.
Reasons to put Beloit in your estate plans:
- To give back to an institution that made a difference in your life.
- To contribute a larger amount than you are able to during your lifetime.
- To honor the memory of a family member, a classmate, or a professor.
- To enhance a special program or department.
- To provide scholarships for future students, the way others provided for you.