The Department of Geology is located in the Sanger Center for the Sciences. You can find us by taking the stairs or elevator to the fourth floor and heading to the southeast corner of the building or by using the following UTM coordinates: UTM NAD27, Zone 16, E 333150m, N 4707580m.
Take a virtual tour of the department.
Instrumentation and Equipment in the Geology Department
- Scanning electron microscope with energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer
- Portable X-ray fluorescence elemental analyzer
- X-ray diffractometer
- Handheld gamma ray spectrometer
- Hydrogeology equipment, including water level meters, water quality meters, current meters, pressure transducers with data loggers, and more
- Petrographic microscopes with cathodoluminescence and fluid inclusion capabilities
- Extensive range of field and camping supplies in our field gear room
- B.H. Beane Crinoid Collection (on display in the atrium of the Sanger Center for the Sciences)
- Solem Fossilized Wood Collection (on display in the Geology Department)
- Extensive mineral, rock, and fossil collections