Banner Image

Transfer Students

The financial aid application process for transfer students is similar to that of first-year students. Transfer students have the same opportunities for need-based financial aid as new first-year students; however, the merit scholarships transfers may apply for are different. Our Trustee Transfer Scholarship will be awarded to high-achieving transfer students.  There is no separate scholarship application; candidates are recommended by the Admissions Committee based on the review of the application.

In order to apply for financial aid, transfer students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA may be filed electronically at Students who do not wish to file online may submit a paper FAFSA instead of the electronic application; however, the paper FAFSA will take longer to process. Paper forms may be obtained from any college's or university's financial aid office. Transfer students should file the FAFSA no later than March 31; and they should list Beloit College as one of the schools to which the FAFSA information should be released. Beloit's 6-digit federal school code is 003835.

In addition to the FAFSA, transfer students who wish to be considered for institutional financial aid (by far the largest source for Beloit students) must also complete and submit the Beloit College Financial Aid Application. This form may be included with the student's application for admission or sent directly to the Beloit College Financial Aid Office, 700 College Street, Beloit WI 53511.

All questions related to financial aid for transfer students should be directed to the Admissions Office.