Major in Education, Youth Studies
The education and youth studies department is committed to an interdisciplinary program of theory and practice that promotes social responsibility through shared scholarship.
Four principles define the department's curricular vision:
- The philosophical, historical, and social foundations of the study of youth and education include an emphasis on social responsibility to diverse communities.
- An integrated curriculum provides connections between theory and practice and among courses and programs.
- A pluralistic approach to pedagogy explores multiple teaching and learning possibilities.
- Participation in an educational community recognizes the significance of school/college partnerships and state, national, and international commitments.
As a faculty, we are committed to lifelong learning, professional expertise, creative thoughtful action, and the pursuit of intellectual excellence. We support ethical reflection and will work toward teaching others and ourselves to respect a global environment with limited resources. As we look to the future and observe changes at local, national, and international levels, we commit to a responsive curriculum that tries to meet the changing needs of students.
Contact the Education & Youth Studies Department
- Location: 224 Morse Ingersoll Hall
- Phone: 608-363-2325
- Email: email@example.com
- Tracy Ehlers
- Office Hours:
- Monday-Wednesday, 7am-11am
- Thursday, 12pm-4pm
- Friday, 7am-11am
- Abby McCully
- Office Hours:
- Monday 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 10am-12pm
- Friday 10am-1pm