We are working together to prioritize protective health practices, self-care, and care of others.
All faculty and staff must follow protective practices and do a daily wellness check. If you feel ill or experience symptoms, do NOT come to campus.
Faculty and staff will be provided with hand sanitizer, and cleaning products, such as sanitizing wipes or cleaning spray, to use on commonly touched surfaces. Faculty or staff may request a face covering from Security, if needed.
Department and office operations
In-person, individual interactions are critical to the Beloit College mission and our ability to provide an exceptional residential student experience. To that end, administrative, academic, and program offices will be staffed in-person by the start of classes on August 23, 2021.
Continued remote work must be approved in advance and in writing by the staff member’s supervisor, senior staff member, and Human Resources. If approved, staff should work with their supervisor to ensure remote work is successful for both the staff member and the College. Flexible workplace options, managing expectations, and maintaining open communications will need to be assessed.
Gatherings and events
Meetings may occur indoors or outdoors. The event host is responsible for managing all of the logistics connected with the event including scheduling of the space, using room technology, and providing and operating any other required AV.
Whether inside or outside, participants at in-person activities, events, and meetings are encouraged to to consider physical distancing and other protective practices.
Non-Travel Meals and Food Policy
Dining indoors in a restaurant carries an element of risk that should be avoided as much as possible.
- Food that is obtained via carry-out or delivery is allowable, as long as expenditures are consistent with College financial policies and all personal protective practices are followed.
- Students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to meet delivery drivers outside or use a contactless delivery option if it is available.
Business & Institutional Travel Policy
Travel supported by institutional funding and for College-related business must adhere to the the following criteria:
- The employee has voluntarily agreed to travel.
- Approval has been received from the individuals or groups to be visited.
- Travel within the United States must conform to all national, state or local guidelines for preventive practices.
- Unvaccinated travelers are expected to adhere to all personal protective practices required on campus, including the wearing of masks or face coverings, throughout travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers must provide a negative COVID-19 test result prior to return to campus from travel.
Other restrictions may occur through actions by local, state, and national governments.
Business travel to international destinations should be planned carefully and should occur only when necessary.
- Regardless of other existing policies set forth by the U.S. or other national governments, all faculty, staff, and students must be fully vaccinated before traveling internationally for college-related purposes.
- Travel to international locations designated by the CDC and/or the US Department of State as Level 4, must be approved by the COVID Task Force.
- Travelers are responsible for knowing about and adhering to CDC travel policies as well as all policies at their destination(s).