Skip Navigation

Declaring Major/Minor

We are thrilled if you want to declare a CS major or minor (or even if you are just thinking about it). To help ensure your needs are met in the best possible way, you should discuss your major/minor plans with a CS advisor before declaring a CS major/minor. This makes sure you understand what will be needed, create an appropriate plan, and get to know an advisor in the CS program. You are welcome to do this at any time and are encouraged to do this earlier rather than later so it is fine to approach an advisor even if you are uncertain about getting a CS major/minor. You are welcome to create a plan even if you don't declare at that time. As of spring 2019, you should see Darrah Chavey to make this plan. Darrah Chavey will also sign CS major/minor declaration cards once you have decided to do this. . The card is then signed by your current advisor (non-CS one) and then delivered to the Registrar's Office. Once you declare, you will be added to the CS student mailing list (can be done before this if you want), given access to the Advanced CS Lab, and asked to provide a photo (if you are willing) for a major/minor photo board. You may consult with your current advisor, a CS advisor, or the department chair if you have any questions.