Reason Training and Resources
Reason CMS is an open-source, collaborative content management system. It allows individuals from all departments on campus to easily manage minisites on beloit.edu. It was developed by Carleton College and has been in use at Beloit since 2009.
For those who have been completed training, Reason may be accessed at www.beloit.edu/reason/.
- Reason: Basics (PDF)
- Reason: Advanced (PDF)
- Reason: Introduction to the Reason Interface (Video)
- Reason: Live Page Elements (Video)
- Reason: Viewing/Finding Pages (Video)
Before a user can make changes to the website, they must complete Reason training. Those who want to make changes should follow this procedure:
- Complete and submit the Reason Training Site Request form. A member of Web Services should be in contact within two business days to give you access to a training site. This site is intended for training purposes only and will be deleted in its entirety after 90 days.
- Watch the Reason Training Video and use your training site to follow along. Try everything on your training site until you are familiar with the basics. Training will likely take less than an hour to complete.
- Read through the Beloit College Web Policy in its entirety. Submit a signed copy of the last page of the policy to staff in Web Services. You can submit these pages in person, via campus mail, or a scanned copy over email.
- Once we receive your signed copy of the policy, we will give you access to the minisites requested on the page.
If you have any questions about training, please send an email to email@example.com.