Student Work & Internships
Have fun while working hard, gaining leadership skills, and building your resume.
- Lifeguard: Responsible for the general supervision and safety of patrons of the Nicholls Natatorium.
- Fitness Floor Attendant: Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Muth Family Fitness Center and Mable Lee Track while serving as a resource for students to learn more about the equipment.
- Intramural Staff: Manage the intramural sports leagues, with positions as league coordinators, scorekeepers, and game officials.
- Outdoor Recreation Program: Guide students on trips to new outdoor environments, or manage of our Buccaneer Boathouse and our bike share program, Sinnissippi Cruisers.
- Student Athletic Training Assistants: Assist our certified athletic trainers.
- Sports Information: Keep statistics for competitions, provide play by play or color commentary for live stream of athletic events, write competition summaries for events.
- Competition Day Crew: Do varied and important jobs such as chasing errant soccer balls, line judging volleyball games, and measuring jumps at a track meet. The jobs are varied, yet important.
- Sports Center Weight Room Monitors: Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the weight room while serving as a resource for students to learn more about the equipment.
- Sports Center Front Desk Monitors: Answer any questions users may have and distribute equipment for short term use.
- Laundry Crew: Want to get an inside look at the operations to keep sports teams going? Students in this position manage the laundry for in-season sports teams, a critical service for keeping the teams fresh and ready to compete.
- Career Works: This office provides students with a wealth of information to help them identify and land internships in Beloit and beyond, explore possible career directions and opportunities, and connect with alumni to learn from their experiences. See as well the opportunities listed under Off-Campus Opportunities.