Student Work & Internships
Have fun while working hard, gaining leadership skills, and building your resume.
- Lifeguard: Responsible for the general supervision and safety of patrons of the Nicholls Natatorium.
- Fitness Floor Attendant: Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Muth Family Fitness Center and Mable Lee Track while serving as a resource for students to learn more about the equipment.
- Intramural Staff: Manage the intramural sports leagues, with positions as league coordinators, scorekeepers, and game officials.
- Outdoor Recreation Program: Guide students on trips to new outdoor environments, or manage of our Buccaneer Boathouse and our bike share program, Sinnissippi Cruisers.
- Student Athletic Training Assistants: Assist our certified athletic trainers.
- Sports Information: Keep statistics for competitions, provide play by play or color commentary for live stream of athletic events, write competition summaries for events.
- Competition Day Crew: Do varied and important jobs such as chasing errant soccer balls, line judging volleyball games, and measuring jumps at a track meet. The jobs are varied, yet important.
- Sports Center Weight Room Monitors: Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the weight room while serving as a resource for students to learn more about the equipment.
- Sports Center Front Desk Monitors: Answer any questions users may have and distribute equipment for short term use.
- Laundry Crew: Want to get an inside look at the operations to keep sports teams going? Students in this position manage the laundry for in-season sports teams, a critical service for keeping the teams fresh and ready to compete.