Get involved: Join a team, write a story, and build your resume.
Beloit’s school newspaper, the The Round Table provides a balanced, accurate news source for the Beloit College community. In the dedicated Sports section, student writers and editors get experience in print journalism they can translate to future careers.
Numerous opportunities are available for students to do print, video, and live-stream broadcasting through the Beloit College Athletics Department.
In addition to providing broadcast services for the City of Beloit’s public access channel, BeloitTV empowers students with the tools needed to develop their own projects. With a professional videographer/producer on staff, students can learn to produce, write, edit, and program content for academic courses, the campus community, and their own personal portfolio.
- Beloit Ultimate Frisbee Family: BUFF seeks to promote the tradition of ultimate on Beloit campus, and to connect students with students from other schools, and the greater ultimate community.
- Beloit Gaming and eSports Club: The purpose of this club is twofold: to create a social gaming community for casual members, and to create and promote a medium for those interested in competitive play.
Group fitness classes: We offer everything from yoga, spin, and Zumba classes to physical education and recreation (PERC) classes taught by qualified faculty and staff.
Muth Family Fitness Center & Mable Lee Track: Located on the third floor of the Powerhouse, Beloiters can use our wide variety of cardio and strength equipment for their fitness needs.
Sports Center Weight Room: Complete with cardio equipment and stocked with racks for deadlifts, squats, and Olympic-style lifts, this is a great space for fitness enthusiasts.
The sport offerings change annually, but indoor soccer, basketball, and sand volleyball are among the sports that have been played in the past. We offer both team and individual opportunities.
The Boathouse is the perfect place to try canoeing or kayaking for the first time. Our friendly student-staff will teach you everything you need to know before sending you out on the water. The Buccaneer Boathouse offers canoes, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards — all free to students.
From bikes to backpacks to camping equipment, students are able to reserve outdoor equipment at the Powerhouse. Student-led outdoor trips are also available.
Beloit College students can reserve a bike for the day through this student-run bike share program.
- Beloit Gaming and eSports Club:
- Check out Gaming Consoles for free at the Powerhouse
- Borrow VR headsets at the Library and the Powerhouse