Sparked by curiosity, fueled by creativity and collaboration.
Bring your vision to life in our student-run studio stocked with tools, supplies, and equipment. An official student organization, Maker Lab is dedicated to building community by fostering skill-sharing and collaboration.
Safety is a priority for everyone: All students are trained and safety equipment is required (safety glasses, dust masks, and hearing protection). For everyone’s safety, a student supervisor must also be present to assist with all projects.
2022 Maker Lab Hours
- Mon. - Fri., 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Sat. & Sun., Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Dec. 9 - Jan. 22: By appointment only; no open lab hours (fill out the form below)
Register for a Time
Stop by during Maker Lab hours (posted above), or fill out the form below to pair up with the supervisor that best matches your project.
- Alienware & Microsoft Surface computers with Adobe Creative Suite and Fusion 360 CAD software
- 3D printers (Ultimaker & Prusa)
- Desktop CNC (Carbide 3D Nomad)
- Laser cutters (FSL & Dremel)
- Mat cutters
- Paper cutters (rotary & guillotine)
- Sewing machines
- Embroidery Machine
- Steam irons
- 16” x 20” Heat press
- Electronic soldering irons
- Vinyl cutters (Cricut & Brother)
- Sticker printer
- Flex shaft (with drill press)
- Button presses (1.25”, 2.25” & 3”)
- Cordless drills
- Scroll saw
- Air compressor
- Pliers & screwdrivers for both traditional projects and electronics
- Wrenches & sockets (metric & SAE)
- Claw & soft-face hammers; dead-blow hammer
- Wire strippers & crimpers
- Digital micrometers & calipers, dial calipers, electronic scale, 1-2-3 blocks
- Glue guns
- Heat-safe soldering mats
- Self-healing cutting mats
- Bench vises
- Sewing templates
- Fabric scissors
- Thread, bobbins, needles, seam rippers, pattern marker
- Airbrush paint gun