Sparked by curiosity, fueled by creativity and collaboration.
Bring your vision to life in our student-run workshop stocked with tools, supplies, and equipment. A student organization, MakerLab is dedicated to building a community of creators and problem-solvers by fostering skill-sharing and collaboration.
Safety is a priority for everyone: All students are trained and safety equipment is required (safety glasses, dust masks, and hearing protection). For everyone’s safety, a student supervisor must also be present to assist with all projects.
For most projects, simply stop by during the open lab hours (listed below) to get started.
Open lab hours are available during the academic year while classes are in session. Access to the lab during breaks is limited to supervisor availability (use the form below to inquire about appointments over the summer or during fall, winter, and spring breaks).
- Mon.–Fri., 4:00–6:00 p.m.
- Sat.–Sun., Noon–2:00 p.m.
- By appointment; fill out the form below (limited availability)
- Alienware & Microsoft Surface computers with Adobe Creative Suite and Fusion 360 CAD software
- 3D printers (Ultimaker & Prusa)
- Desktop CNC (Carbide 3D Nomad)
- Laser cutters (FSL & Dremel)
- Mat cutters
- Paper cutters (rotary & guillotine)
- Sewing machines
- Embroidery machine
- Steam irons
- 16” x 20” Heat press
- Electronic soldering equipment
- Vinyl cutters (Cricut & Brother)
- Flex shaft (rotary tool + drill press)
- Button presses (1.25”, 2.25” & 3”)
- Cordless drills
- Scroll saw
- Air compressor
- Pliers & screwdrivers for both traditional projects and electronics
- Voltage meter
- Wrenches & sockets (metric & SAE)
- Claw & soft-face hammers; dead-blow hammer
- Wire strippers & crimpers
- Digital micrometers & calipers, dial calipers, electronic scale, 1-2-3 blocks
- Glue guns
- Heat-safe soldering mats
- Self-healing cutting mats
- Bench vises
- Sewing templates
- Fabric scissors
- Thread, bobbins, needles, seam rippers, pattern marker
- Acrylic paints & brushes
- Airbrush paint gun
- Drawing supplies (art markers, colored & graphite pencils, sketch pads)