This Monday (Aug. 19) 310 new students come from 35 states and 13 countries (as far away as the Bahamas, Romania, and South Korea and from as close as the city of Beloit) will be arriving on campus.
The top student-producing states from which the new students hail are Illinois (78), Wisconsin (50), Minnesota (20), Texas (15), California (14), Massachusetts (10) and New York (9). Eight of these new Beloiters come to us from Beloit Memorial, F.J. Turner, Brodhead, Hononegah and Craig High Schools.
Among the members of the first-year class are:
- 89 National Honor Society members
- 53 team captains
- 118 varsity letter-winners
- 10 students who spent a semester or more overseas during high school
- 14 class/student body presidents
- 20 literary journal/student newspaper editors
- Five Eagle Scouts/Gold Award winners
- 36 students who have completed substantial internships
- Nine valedictorians