Powering through your last days of the semester—what with final exams and papers and packing up for winter break—is bound to leave you hungry. Below are some details about food service to keep in mind as we wrap up the last week of the semester.
If you want to stay on top of Bon Appetit at Beloit happenings, check out their new Facebook page—just be forewarned, it’s probably going to make you hungry.
D.K.’s and Java Joint will supply their normal offerings up through the end of the normal business day Friday (Dec. 14), at which point they’ll remain closed until the spring semester begins.
Commons will remain open through lunch Wednesday, Dec. 19—the day that residence halls close for students; however, the last late-night offering will be Monday (Nov. 17).
- Right now, you can hit up the hot chocolate bar outside D.K.’s for some pre- or post-exam comfort, featuring toppings like crushed candy canes and fresh whipped cream.
- Friday’s (Dec. 14) late night will feature a) breakfast food and b) some of your professors and administrators (Christina Klawitter, John Winkelman, and Teresa Leopold will be there) as servers, from 9 p.m. until 11 p.m. Good news, yes. Better news? THIS ONE’S ON THE HOUSE—that’s right, no swipe, no fee, you can eat for free after 9 p.m. Friday. Bon Appetit is picking up the tab.
- Worried about your coffee supply after the Java Joint closes Friday? Don’t fret—starting Saturday (Dec. 15) you can pay for a to-go cup at the Commons cashier and fill up with Fair Trade brew.
- Need a little sweet distraction? On Sunday, staff will be putting out the supplies for gingerbread houses during brunch, 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
If you make no changes, you’ll have the same meal plan in the spring as you had this semester. Additionally:
- All remaining flex dollars on fall meal accounts will automatically roll over to your spring food account if you continue as a registered student for the upcoming term. For example, If you have $50 flex on account as of Dec. 20, your spring meal plan will reflect this additional $50.
- All Beloit Bucs dollars remain on your account.
- If you haven’t already done so, you can change your plan when you return to campus, between Jan. 14 and Jan. 24.
- If you have any questions regarding your meal plan please see Peter Kraemer or Ken Hnilo in the main Commons Food Service office.