1. We hear you’ve been selected to be part of the RISE Grad Prep Academy at UPenn. Can you tell us more about that?
The RISE program is a program for minority identifying males. They select 32 males out of the whole country and of that 32, there can only be eight Asian Americans, eight African Americans, eight Latino Americans, and eight Pacific Islander Americans. They assist minority male students with GRE preparation, mentor guidance, and the graduate application process.
2. How has being a part of the McNair Scholars Program influenced your time at Beloit?
Being a part of McNair has helped me shape and mold my aspirations in life and how I approach my research interests.
3. When you first came to Beloit, what did you think The Wall actually was?
I definitely figured it was a social space, but I didn’t predict how much of a social impact it has on students. We meet some of our future best friends there. The Wall makes never-ending bonds.
4. What’s your opinion on the everyday usage of the phrase “it’s lit?”
The term “lit” has become a huge part of my daily vocab. Why, I do not know, but it is.
5. What game show would you win and why?
For some apparent reason, I am great at Family Feud questions. Only thing is, I would have to pick another team that’s not my family.
6. Would you rather battle a hundred kitten-sized ducks or one human-sized duck? What if you had a sword?
I think I would be able to handle a hundred kitten-sized ducks versus a human-sized duck. The sword would be the perfect tool to slay.
7. What three words would describe you as a 13-year-old, and if one of them is not awkward, how did you do it?
Observant, selfish, and self-absorbed. Being this way as a 13-year-old made it hard for me to be awkward.
8. How would your best friend describe you?
My best friend would describe me as an old soul, a kind hearted and humorous person.
9. What is your favorite sit-down chain restaurant and why is it Red Lobster?
Of course, I love Popeyes!!!
10. Where is your favorite place on campus?
My room in TKE.
11. What movie makes you laugh/cry the hardest? Or both?
Scary Movie, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3 are the only movies that I actually laugh hard at when watching.
12. Would you consider a hot dog a sandwich?
Yes, I would. My reason for this is because in order to be a sandwich it must contain bread, a protein, and condiments, which is clearly displayed on a hotdog