With new students arriving today, Beloit College asked alumni on Facebook to share their best memories of New Student Days.
While The Wall was the overwhelming favorite memory, we got a plethora of enthusiastic responses. Here’s a sampling:
• Amanda Sanders Ryan: Meeting my adviser for the first time, (Biology Professor) Ken Yasukawa!
• Thizzly Adams: Meeting my first girlfriend of college, hanging out in Peet 4th lounge.
• Rachel Yew: Watching the American students pull up in U-Haul trucks and the international students with two pieces of luggage carrying their worldly possessions.
• Rattana Phon: Meeting my roommate as we were trying to look for a restroom for my grandma.
• Ann L. Savagian: Making new friends and discovering that my room had a “balcony” (4th floor Emerson)!
For more responses, click here.