Things might move at a slightly different pace around here in the summertime, but that does not mean this campus isn’t busy—not by any means. Among the hustle and bustle of Beloit Blocks, Summer Fields, CLS, and other conferences and camps, the campus also gets some nips and tucks.
As you may have noticed, one of these major projects is already underway; construction began last week on the roof of Pearsons.
Other projects taking place this summer?
- Renovations to classrooms and “third spaces” in Morse-Ingersoll*. Two classrooms will have new furniture and paint, and Richardson Auditorium will be sporting new shades and carpet.
- College Street landscaping.
- Renovating dorm rooms, lounges in one of the ’64 Halls*. Whitney will receive new paint and carpet, while Wood, Haven, Aldrich, Sigma Chi, and TKE will have their facades repaired.
- Replacing the door on the east side of the Logan Museum.
- Work on the east side of WAC begins next week, with new pavers, new lights, new landscaping, and a wider sidewalk from the Poetry Garden to the President’s House.