"Think about your most recent visit to the library," says Lisa Viezbicke, director of the library and archives. "Is there something that could have improved the experience or outcome? Could a partnership or other collaboration help advance your goals or lighten your load? Come tell us your story. We may be able to help."
Interested? Please join library staff for conversation and refreshment at one of the following input sessions, facilitated by strategic consultant Sam Demas. Help spread the word, too—bring a colleague or student and pass this invite along.
Faculty, staff, and student sessions:
- Monday (Oct. 1) – 4 p.m., Mathers Room of Pearsons
- Tuesday (Oct. 2) – 10 a.m., Science Center 101 or 2:30 p.m., WAC South Lounge
Sessions limited to faculty and staff:
- Monday (Oct. 1) – 10 a.m., Mathers Room of Pearsons or 2 p.m., Fireplace Lounge in MI
Session dedicated to students:
- Monday (Oct. 1) – 12:30, Commons
Session dedicated to faculty:
- Tuesday (Oct. 2) – Noon, Weeks Lounge of Pearsons
All input is valued, though library staff are particularly interested in hearing thoughts on the initial draft of proposed strategic directions. These directions are a product of a recent self-study (summary and complete report are available here) and once complete, will focus efforts and provide a framework for the next few years. Staff are soliciting input and purposeful partnerships to enhance our capacity to contribute to teaching and learning outcomes and success.
- Are these ideas on track with community needs?
- What projects or objectives would you like to see the library and archives attack over the next two to three years?
- Are you, your department, or program interested in a partnership with the library and archives?
- What projects would you like to work on?
These draft strategic directions are shared to give shape to potential conversations—community input will determine the content and success of the final version.