According to the alumni office, the pom poms are in, the parade route is planned, food has been ordered, the athletic teams are pumped, faculty and staff are ready to greet, and President Bierman has laced up his yellow Beloiter running shoes.
Friday kicks off Homecoming/Family and Friends Weekend 2012, a chance to revel in blue and gold spirit. A number of events are taking place across the town and campus, including a parade and talent show on Friday, and a concert at the Beloit Farmers Market and tailgating before the big game (a swipe gets you tons of great grilled food, including vegetarian fare) on Saturday.
- All day – Float-building, Karris Field
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Classes open to alumni and families
- 4 p.m. – Miller Upton Interns Panel Discussion, Richardson Auditorium
- 6 p.m. – Homecoming Parade! Floats will start lining up on Emerson Street (between Church and College streets) at 5:30 p.m. Prizes awarded for best float.
- 8 p.m. – Talent show, Wilson Theatre of Mayer Hall
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – The Henhouse Prowlers play the Beloit Farmers Market, downtown Beloit
- 10 a.m. – Join Team Beloit at the Olde English Classic, Leeson Park
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Tailgate at Strong Stadium. A swipe from your meal plan will get you burgers and sodas; cheer on the Bucs at 1 p.m. as they take on Cornell College
- 6 p.m. – Athletic Hall of Honor, Center for the Sciences
- 8 p.m. – Concert by hip-hop violinist Josh Vietti, Eaton Chapel
- 9 p.m. – Homecoming Ball and dance lessons, Pearsons Hall
For a complete listing of Homecoming/Friends and Family Weekend events, visit http://www.beloit.edu/homecoming/schedule/.