Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit College is a highly selective liberal arts college of approximately 1250 students from 48 states and 40 countries. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. Recognized as one of the Colleges that Change Lives, Beloit is committed to the educational benefits of diversity in our learning community and encourages all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply. More information about Beloit College can be found at www.beloit.edu.
The Office of External Affairs at Beloit College seeks to appoint a director of corporate and foundation relations. The Office of External Affairs’ mission is to inform external constituents of the college’s mission and goals; to involve them as volunteers in fulfilling its mission; and most importantly, to inspire them to invest their resources in support of the identified current objectives and future dreams. The Corporate & Foundation Relations Office is a key part of an integrated fundraising approach that leverages the power of annual giving, major giving, planned giving, and corporate, foundation, and government funding working together.
The director of corporate and foundation relations will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a comprehensive proactive development plan which focuses on expanding and enhancing our corporate, foundation, and governmental funding. This plan will be designed to build awareness about the college among corporate, foundation, and governmental constituencies in order to build and significantly expand funding possibilities. This position works closely with partners across the campus to coordinate strategic relationships between Beloit and current and potential funders. This position coordinates fundraising approaches, develops, assists with, and presents highly competitive funding proposals, and helps ensure a high quality stewardship process. More details about this position can be found at http://www.beloit.edu/humanresources/jobs/staffjobs/
The successful candidate for this position must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master’s preferred
- The director must show a high degree of professionalism, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to interact with and collaborate with a variety of entities and individuals.
- The director must be capable of conveying appropriate messages and representing the college to funders as well as representing the office of External Affairs to internal constituents.
- The director must have the ability to take the initiative, build rapport, and skillfully solve problems.
- The director must be able to identify, establish, create and maintain strong relationships with corporations and foundations as well as internal constituents.
- The director must be able to synthesize complex material, to translate it into readable and engaging prose, and to communicate it clearly and succinctly.
- The director must be able to prioritize and manage work independently and perform effectively with minimal supervision under pressure of multiple deadlines.
- This position requires travel and frequent evening and occasional weekend work.
- A demonstrated history of relationship/client management is preferred.
- A history of developing successful proposals is preferred.
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Applicants should electronically submit a letter of application addressing your vision of the role and your plans for how to meet the job expectations outlined above along with resume and contact information for three professional references to DCFR@beloit.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.