Beloit College invites applications for an assistant to the director of athletics and recreation and assistant with a spring sport. This is a full-time, 10-month, position funded by the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority and Women’s Internship Grant. The position is funded for two academic years and is not renewable at the end of the grant period. The nature of this position is such that a considerable amount of evening and weekend work is necessary.
Beloit College is a highly selective coeducational college of approximately 1250 students, nationally recognized for its international and experiential education. A member of the Midwest Conference and NCAA Division III, Beloit is also a member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM).
- Assist in planning and development of special events and activities surrounding athletic competitions and student-athlete achievements, to increase student attendance at home athletics competition, to engage the campus and wider community, and to improve fan experience at home competitions; and develop student and professional staff necessary to implement these events.
- Assist the head coach of a spring sport (baseball, softball, track and field, etc.) in all aspects of a competitive Division III program; provide on-field instruction and training; plan team travel and coordinate youth clinics, as appropriate; assist in development and/or implementation of recruiting plans, contacting prospective student-athletes, organizing mailings, electronic communications and visits by/for prospective student-athletes and their parents/guardians; and participate in college admission visit days and on other dates as requested by the Office of Admission and/or head coach.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the athletic department, in the management of the department, including but not limited to budget management, special events management, personnel processes and supervision of office and student staff.
- Assist with introduction of new sports and new athletic department programs with students, faculty and staff; assist with communication of new sports and programs to off-campus constituencies in collaboration with sports information.
- Assist the athletic director with major college and non-college athletic events.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A background in college athletics, special events and/or marketing is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
Please send letter of application, resume and list of three references to: AthleticsIntern@beloit.edu Anticipated start date is August 1.
Beloit College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity, and urges all interested individuals to apply. AA/EEO Employer