Remember your loved ones and get a taste of Mexican culture Sunday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Science Center Atrium. Several student groups and college departments are hosting a celebration for Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead.
Come to Beloit College's celebration to:
- Buy a meal from the Tacos Gonzalez truck (5 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Taste Pan de Muerto (bread of the dead) and other Mexican pastries.
- Listen to Trio Alma Latina, a Mariachi trio from Milwaukee (5 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Help decorate the altars. Bring a photo of a person you love who has passed on or something you associate with that person, such as his/her favorite fruit or soft drink. (NOTE: You may not get your contribution back after the event, so PLEASE don’t bring anything with which you can’t part.)
- Assist students in making paper flowers, papel picado (perforated paper), and sugar skulls. Bring the kids!
BTYB: Office of Intercultural Affairs, McNair Scholars, Spiritual Life Program, Modern Languages and Literatures, Voces Latinas, Spanish House, SSS, International Club, Art Club, Music Club, Slow Foods Club, BSU, and Anthropology Club.