Skip Navigation

STAFF: Update your info by Sept. 1

August 18, 2010


via Human Resources:

With the start of the academic year, it is once again time to review and update your contact information in the faculty/staff directory. This year it takes on special importance as we introduce the new campus emergency alert system--the information you review and update will be used to contact you in the event of an emergency on campus.

To check and update your information:
1. Login to WebAdvisor
2. Find and select “Faculty/Staff Directory” under the heading Communications
3. Review your personal entry for any errors or omissions to personal or campus location and contact information
4. Fill out and update the “Address Change” form under the heading Employee Profile (see detailed information below under “While you are in WebAdvisor”)

If you have changes in office location or campus phone number, please contact Terri Dahl in Human Resources at or ext. 2630.  This will help us to promptly update your information for the web version of the directory as well as the legal-size sheet with department and individual names and phone extensions which we will continue to distribute campus-wide each semester.

While you are in WebAdvisor:  A new feature of WebAdvisor is a fill-in form under the heading Employee Profile, Address Change, which allows you to update your own home address and phone number(s). The form is easy to complete--just enter your new address or phone information and a change date (past, present or future) in the box marked Effective Start. This allows us to automatically adjust your address records within Datatel using the correct start and end dates. (Note: if you are changing your address from one state to another, you must also contact Payroll to complete new state payroll tax withholding forms.)

It is important this year to review the phone numbers that are listed on the Address Change form. Everyone is being asked to identify phone numbers by category as explained below.  You can correct or update your phone number(s) by clicking the drop down button under the word TYPE.

HOME:  A non-cellular phone installed in your personal residence.  If you no longer have a home phone, please remove the old number by highlighting the number and hitting delete.

CELL:  A cellular phone, even it if is your primary phone service and you do not have a home phone as described above.

EMER:  A feature of the college’s new emergency alert system allows us to contact employees by college email, campus phone, and an alternate emergency contact number such as a home phone or cell phone. Currently, all emergency alerts sent through the system go to campus email addresses and phone numbers.  If you wish to have an alert sent to your home or cell phone number, you will need to add that phone to as an EMER type on the Address Change form.  If you do not fill in a phone number and identify it as an EMER phone type, you will only receive emergency alerts through your campus contacts.  

Please review your information and make any changes by September 1.  If you have any questions, please contact Terri Dahl at or extension 2630.

Information contained in the faculty/staff directory and other directories may not be used to provide addresses for mailings to students, faculty, or parents of students.  This directory is provided for the information of the college community.   Using college directories for solicitation, information gathering, or other non-college business purposes by mail, telephone, or other means is forbidden.