- April 20, 2015 at 2:32 am
- April 20, 2015 at 2:31 am
- April 20, 2015 at 1:59 am
Many Spring Day favorites will return this year, including inflatables, caricature artists, airbrush tattoos, cotton candy, and popcorn. These events will go from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on the 609 Quad.
There are two musical acts performing this year: Kweku Collins (11 a.m., sponsored by IFPC) and Cover Drive (1 p.m., sponsored by Programming Board)
1 p.m. Recycling Relays, sponsored by the Pathways to Sustainability grant.
1 p.m. Health Center games and free stuff, on 609 Quad.
2 p.m. Taco Truck at the Wall.
2:30 p.m. Martial Arts club demonstration on Aldrich Field.
3 p.m. Softball vs. Carroll University, Strong Stadium.
Outdoor dinner on Chapin Quad.
7 p.m. Men's Lacrosse vs. Carroll University, Strong Stadium.
7:30 p.m. Observatory Open House, Science Center Rooftop.
Another event going on is a Sustained Dialogue summit on racism at Beloit from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. in Richardson Auditorium. Here is the note sent out from the organizers:
Recent racist acts on our campus - starting with defaced and damaged property, escalating to violent racist drawings and graffiti - have had devastating, direct impacts on many members of the Beloit community, and extremely harmful effects on our entire community. As an immediate response, current SD groups have engaged in continued dialogue around these events.
We now invite ALL students, faculty and staff members to join us in the dialogue.
In small group dialogue and large group speak-out sessions, we will explore
- possible causes and personal impacts of the graffiti and other overt racism on campus
- the institutional climate, culture and policy framework in which they have occurred
- how we as a community should address such attacks in the future
- what we might do as individuals and as an institution to prevent them from happening again
Our community needs to hear your voice. Dialogue is an crucial part of the ongoing process of rooting racism and other forms of discrimination out of the classrooms, residence halls and offices of Beloit College.
Please take a moment to RSVP here. We need to estimate attendance in order to place everyone in a dialogue group. Breakfast food and beverages will be served beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- April 12, 2015 at 10:53 pm
- April 12, 2015 at 10:42 pm
- April 12, 2015 at 10:36 pm
- April 5, 2015 at 11:42 pm
- April 3, 2015 at 1:07 pm
- April 3, 2015 at 1:00 pm
- April 3, 2015 at 12:55 pm
- April 3, 2015 at 12:50 pm
- March 27, 2015 at 1:20 pm
- March 20, 2015 at 7:29 pm
- March 20, 2015 at 7:27 pm
- March 20, 2015 at 7:25 pm