We have no doubt that next week’s Advising Practicum is going to make you get your hands on as many career- and academic-planning resources as possible.
For that reason, the staff at Morse Library has helpfully compiled some sources that can extend advising practicum discussions. Want the down-low on specific majors? Need some ideas on transitioning from school to a career? Here is a selective list of recent library additions relating to students’ curriculum planning and aspirations beyond Beloit. You can look for these titles on the shelf, or in the display near the library entrance.
Planning college experiences:
- 10 Things Employers Want You to Learn in College [370.113 C792]
- How to Win at College [378.198 N42h]
- Getting from College to Career [378.1 P76g]
- Career Wisdom for College Students [331.702 V868c]
- Landing the Internship or Full-time Job during College [650.14 P442l]
- Vault Guide to Top Internships [Reference 331.25 V46]
- Best Resumes for College Students and New Grads [650.14 K96b]
- Get the Job You Want, Even when No One's Hiring [650.14 M992g]
- The Anthropology Graduate's Guide: from Student to a Career [302.1 El55a]
- Jobs that Matter: Find a Stable, Fulfilling Career in Public Service [351.73 K864j]
- Majoring in Psych?: Career Options for Psychology Undergraduates [150.23 M821m]
- Starting Your Career as an Artist [702 W82s]
- McGraw-Hill's Careers for Bookworms & other Literary Types [381.45 Eb3m]
- Introduction to the Health Professions [610.69 St24i]
. . . and many more. Ask for assistance at the Reference Desk.
- The Graduate School Funding Handbook [Reference 378.33 H17g]
- Get into Graduate School [378.155 G335]
- Graduate Admissions Essays [378.1 As35g]
- New GRE Premier [378.166 N42]