Beloit College Booking Process
So you need to book a room on campus…
Using Google Calendars, this is easily done. Before you begin, you need only decide:
Details to Consider in Choosing a Space
- What type/size of space you need?
You can view a complete list of bookable spaces, complete with room capacity, technology availability and detailed descriptions, on the room listing page.
- Do you need a reservation?
There are many places on campus that are perfect for informal meetings or group chats and don't require a reservation. Some examples: study rooms in the library, group spaces in the library, DKs, Java Joint, Science Center study spaces. If you need a 'drop in' space to gather in, contact the room administrator for the building you'd like to meet in & ask about the available options. You will find admin contact information on the room listing page.
- What technology do you need?
You may check-out equipment from Information Technology (IT) if you do not require a technician to attend your event or meeting. Computers with internet access, projectors, microphones and additional equipment can be used in most rooms on campus. If you’re booking a room in Pearsons Hall, staff from Student Services can provide similar technology and room set up services.
- Do you need space for food or beverages?
Boxed lunches, soda, water, buffet style meals and cookies can all be purchased and arranged through Food Service.
- Will you have access to the space?
Many spaces around campus are locked for security reasons, if you are requesting a room that no one in your group has keys for, please contact the Security Office via email to unlock/lock the space for you. Rooms are not unlocked by default when booked through this system.
- Are you a student?
Students are only able to book space in Pearsons Hall and Commons. To book space in other buildings, students should ask their faculty/staff sponsor to book the space on their behalf. Sponsors should notate in the description who they are reserving the space for by listing the student or club/organization name.
Reserving a Space
- To begin, log in to your Beloit College Gmail account
- In the top right hand corner of your main email screen, click the grid of squares and then select "Calendar".
- In your calendar, navigate to the date/time that you would prefer to schedule your meeting
- Click on the date/time in the calendar to create the event, and then choose “edit event”
- Click on the link “Rooms, etc.” in the right hand column (next to the “Add: Guests” option)
- Select your preferred space from the list that appears by clicking “Add” next to the room name. Clicking “Add” will automatically put the name of the room in to the “Where” field on your event details. Only available rooms will be able to be selected.
- If you require technology, scroll down to the end of the room list and select “Other Resources”. Choose the resource(s) you need from the list that appears, keeping in mind that multimedia requests for rooms located in Pearsons are notated as Pearsons specific. If you require specialized AV equipment and a technician for set up and management during your event, complete the special event request form.
- If you require Food Service, select the “Food Service” resource from the list. This will alert Food Service to your need. Food Service will then call or email you to determine what you need and get a billing code for your order. You may also call them directly (x2575) to arrange specific details. Food service must be booked at least two weeks in advance of your meeting/event.
- You’ve selected your room and resources. Now, give your meeting/event a title and invite guests using the right-hand column. (You can go back at a later date to add guests, should you like.)
- Choose “Save” and your request has been sent!
Approval of your Reservation
Please note that room requests are not officially booked until a room administrator accepts your request. If your request is made less than 48 hours prior to your event/meeting, you will need to follow up with a phone call to the appropriate room administrator. Room administrator phone names and numbers can be found on the room listing page.
When an administrator accepts, you will receive an email letting you know that the space has been reserved for your meeting/event. Similarly, IT equipment, Pearsons AV and Food Service requests will be accepted or declined by the resource administrators and you will receive an email when those services have been confirmed as well. Be sure to review the response and look for any notes that the administrator may have included!
If you need an AV tech on site for your event, please be sure to fill out the special event request form.
Event Promotion on Master Calendar
Once your room request has been approved, you’ll need to fill out the Master Calendar Form to ensure your meeting or event is covered on the Terrarium master calendar, daily event emails, and campus digital signage.
Accessing the Space
Don't forget to contact the Security Office if you need a space unlocked (if no one in your group has keys).