Beloit College Booking Process
Reserving spaces on campus is done through Google Calendar. Event coordinators should first review the Master Calendar to find a preferred date and time.
Details to Consider in Choosing a Space
Do you need a reservation?
In most cases, informal meetings or group chats to not need a reservation. There are many places on campus available for these kinds of meetings: study rooms in the library, group spaces in the library, DKs, Java Joint, Science Center study spaces, etc.
If you need a 'drop in' space to gather in, contact a room administrator for the building you would like to meet in and ask about the available options. You will find room administrator contact information on the Room Directory.
What type/size of space you need?
You can view a complete list of bookable spaces on the Room Directory. Each entry includes:
- room capacity, furniture, and technology
- notes about food, access, or specific booking requirements
- name, email, and extension of room coordinator(s)
- images of the space
- recommendations of similar spaces
What technology do you need?
You may check-out equipment from Information Technology (IT) if you do not need a technician to attend your event. Computers with internet access, projectors, microphones and other equipment can be used in most rooms on campus. If you’re booking a room in Pearsons Hall, staff from Student Services can provide similar technology and room set up services.
Do you need space for food or beverages?
Bon Appétit can arrange to have snacks, drinks, boxed lunches, buffet style meals and more arranged for your event.
Will you have access to the space?
Many spaces around campus are locked for security reasons. If you are requesting a room that no one in your group has keys for, please contact the Security Office via email (email@example.com) to unlock/lock the space for you. Rooms are not unlocked by default when booked through this system.
Are you a student?
Students are only able to book space in Pearsons Hall and Commons. Students should ask their faculty/staff sponsor to book a space in other buildings for them. Sponsors should include in the description who they are reserving the space for by listing the student or club/organization name.
Reserving a Space
- To begin, log in to your Beloit College Gmail account.
- In the top right hand corner of your main email screen, click the grid of squares and then select "Calendar". A new tab will open showing your Google Calendar.
- In your calendar, create a new event.
- Click the "Create" button in the left sidebar.
- Click the date/time in the calendar then click "Edit Event".
- Enter the event name, date, time and a description of the event. If your event needs time to set up or take down, include this needed time in your event.
- In the right sidebar, click the “Rooms” option to list the spaces available for the time you selected.
- Click your preferred space in the list to add it to your event. The space should appear below the list as a participant and in the "Where" field.
- If your preferred space is unavailable, you will need to need to choose another space or time for you event.
- If you need technology, scroll to the end of the room list and open the "Other" section. Choose what resource(s) you need from this list like you did for the space. Note that spaces located in Pearsons should request to use Pearsons resources.
- If you need specialized AV equipment or a technician, please complete a special event request form.
- If you need catering, please complete a catering request with Bon Appétit or call x2575. You must request catering at least two weeks in advances of your event.
- When ready, click “Save” to send your request.
Approval of your Reservation
Room requests are not finalized until a room administrator accepts your request. You must follow up with room administrators by phone when making a request less than 48 hours before the event. Room administrator names and phone numbers are available on the Room Directory.
You will receive a confirmation email when an administrator accepts a request to reserve a space. You will also receive emails for any IT equipment, Pearsons AV and Bon Appétit requests. Be sure to review the response and look for any notes that the administrator may have included.
Event Promotion on Master Calendar
Events which do not need promotion do not need to submit their event to the Master Calendar. Some examples include: departmental meetings, committee or project meetings, candidate interviews, ensemble rehearsals, etc.
If you need an AV tech on site for your event, please be sure to fill out the special event request form.