Student Research Opportunities
Student Symposium: Skip this alert description. Student Symposium will take place on Thursday, April 18. The Student Symposium schedule is available online.
Student research is an important activity for Biology majors at Beloit College. Under the direction of a Biology faculty member, students design and implement their own research, gather and analyze their own data, and present their results.
Research and internship opportunities for Beloit College students include:
- Beloit Biomedical Scholars
- McNair Scholars
- Sanger Research Scholars
- Beloit College Sustainability Fellows Program
Students have studied a variety of topics and:
- Presented their research at a variety of conferences
- Published their research in peer-reviewed journals
- Published their research in our departmental journal, The Beloit Biologist
Students may present the results of their research, internships, and study abroad experiences at:
- Beloit College Annual Student Symposium
- Midstates Undergraduate Research Symposia
- Beloit College International Symposium
If you are interested in attending or presenting your original research at a conference, but need assistance in funding your conference travel, check with your advisor about possible funding opportunities and fill out the student grant request for science conference travel.