Student Research Opportunities
Student research is an important activity for Biology majors at Beloit College. Under the direction of a Biology faculty member, students design and implement their own research, gather and analyze their own data, and present their results.
Research and internship opportunities for Beloit College students include:
- Beloit Biomedical Scholars
- McNair Scholars
- Sanger Research Scholars
- Beloit College Sustainability Fellows Program
Students have studied a variety of topics and:
- Presented their research at a variety of conferences
- Published their research in peer-reviewed journals
- Published their research in our departmental journal, The Beloit Biologist
Students may present the results of their research, internships, and study abroad experiences at:
- Beloit College Annual Student Symposium
- Midstates Undergraduate Research Symposia
- Beloit College International Symposium
If you are interested in attending or presenting your original research at a conference, but need assistance in funding your conference travel, check with your advisor about possible funding opportunities and fill out the student grant request for science conference travel.