Summer Block Courses
May 22 - June 12, 2019
Enjoy Beloit's vibrant campus at its best... in the summer!
Beloit Blocks offer participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in a fascinating topic, work closely with exceptional professors, fulfill various requirements, and earn 1 unit of college credit. During 3 weeks students and faculty engage deeply with issues in a way that is often not possible in the regular academic year when they need to balance multiple classes and commitments.
This summer we are offering four courses on campus, one online course, and one international course in Rome, Italy.
Four Beloit Block courses will take place on campus.
- ANTH 120: The Human Animal (4U, Q) with Nancy Krusko and Leslie Williams
- ENG 205/223: Creative Writing on Two Wheels (205: 2A, W & 223: W) with Chuck Lewis
- PHY 101: General Physics I (4U) with Patrick Polley
- PSYC 210: Life-span Developmental Psychology (3B, LAP-1) with Suzanne Cox
International Blocks involve travel to another country as part of the course work.
- CLAS 201: Ghosts of Rome (2A, C, LAP-1) with Lisl Walsh and Matthew Taylor
For summer 2019 we will offer the first ever online Beloit Block!
- HEAL 235/CRIS 236: Men's Health (3B) with Ron Watson (ONLINE)