Skip Navigation

Tuition Payments and Finances

Here’s what you need to know about tuition payments, financial aid, and working on campus. If you have questions about your account, please contact the Bursar's Office at 608-363-2224 or

Paying your tuition

The Bursar’s Office will mail your fall semester bill no later than June 22, 2018. Students may also view their fall semester bill on the Portal. (No parent access at this time.)

• Click on the ‘Financial Services’ tab
• Click ‘My Account Info’
• Click ‘Course and Fee Statement’
• Click ‘Generate my Course and Fee Statement’
• Click ‘View my Course and Fee Statement’

Payment is due by Friday, August 10, 2018.

Payment options

Check payment

Please be sure your student name and student ID number appear on checks. 

Make all checks payable to "Beloit College" and mail to:

  • Beloit College Student Billing
    700 College St., Box 33
    Beloit, WI 53511

Online Payments/Monthly Payment Plans (TMS)

Beloit College strongly endorses the use of Tuition Management Systems (TMS), our third party payment option. TMS offers online payment options and monthly payment plans to allow you to spread your education expenses over smaller monthly installments that are paid over the course of the semester. Though many families take advantage of the optional payment plan, it is not required. You can make payments and enroll in a payment plan online or by calling 800-722-4867.

Online Payment Options:

  • Make a One-Time Payment – eCheck (Transfer from Checking or
    Savings Account) - No fee
  • Make a One-Time Payment – Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard,
    Discover, American Express) - 2.99% Convenience Fee or $1.00

TMS Semester Payment Plan Options ($45.00 enrollment fee per semester)

Fall Semester
  • Beginning in June - 6 payments due on the 15th of the month
  • Beginning in July - 5 payments due on the 15th of the month
  • Beginning in August - 4 payments due on the 15th of the month
  • Beginning in September - 3 payments due on the 15th of the month
Spring Semester
  • Beginning in December - 5 payments due on the 15th of the month
  • Beginning in January - 4 payments due on the 15th of the month
  • Beginning in February - 3 payments due on the 15th of the month

Wire transfer information

You may be charged a fee for the transfer. Only the net amount received by Beloit College will be credited to your account.

JP Morgan Chase Bank
1 Chase Manhattan Plaza
New York, NY 10005-1402
ABA Routing Number: #021000021
Account name: Board of Trustees of Beloit College
Account number #885253658
For: Student name and ID number (found on your bill)
International transfers require a swift address: CHASUS33

Late payments

If your payment is late, you’ll be charged $175 unless you’ve made prior arrangements with the Bursar's Office. Late payments may also result in not being able to register for classes or receive transcripts.

If you have questions about your account, please contact the Bursar's Office at 608-363-2224 or

Tuition insurance program

Beloit College offers an optional tuition insurance program. The Tuition Refund Plan through GradGuard provides coverage for tuition, fees, room, and board if you are required to withdraw from school due to a medical or mental health illness before the semester is complete. The program is designed to supplement Beloit College’s standard refund policy. More information is linked to the online checklist.

Financial aid

This spring, you should have received information, both by mail and in your application portal, about any financial aid you’ve been awarded. Additional communication about your financial aid will come to you via your Beloit College email (which is one more reason to check your email account regularly!).

Direct Loans

Students who have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can borrow a Direct Loan. The Direct Loan program allows students to borrow a fixed amount, each year, determined by grade level, up to the maximum aggregate total. The loan(s) may be subsidized or unsubsidized, depending on your eligibility. If you wish to accept a Direct Loan you must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance counseling online.

Beloit College and Strong loans

The Financial Aid Office will evaluate a student’s demonstrated need during the financial aid process. A loan will be included in your financial aid package, if you’re eligible. If you wish to utilize the Beloit College Loan or Strong Loan, you must accept the loan and complete the master promissory notes and counseling process with our servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS) online. You will complete this process during the summer prior to the start of classes.

Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

The PLUS allows a credit-worthy parent to borrow up to the difference between a student’s total cost of education and any aid that has been offered. If you want to borrow a PLUS, you must apply for the loan and complete the MPN online. You should begin this process during the summer prior to the start of classes.

Work study, campus employment, and finding jobs

Students whose financial aid packages include either Federal College Work Study or Campus Employment are given priority for initial job consideration. If your financial aid award includes work study or campus employment, you are encouraged to find a position within the first three weeks of class; during this time, campus supervisors are encouraged to hire students who have work as part of their aid. Available positions will be posted during the summer online. Most positions pay Wisconsin minimum wage ($7.25/hour). More varied opportunities may exist after your first year.

It is your responsibility to seek and secure work on campus. Food service (Bon Appétit) hires a significant number of students and has the most (and most flexible) hours. The student employment website is the primary source of positions listings, though we encourage you to network with departments as soon as you arrive (or even prior to arrival).

If you have not been offered Federal College Work Study or Campus Employment as part of financial aid but want to work on campus, you may apply for positions starting September 11.

Applying your earnings to your tuition balance

You can opt to have your work-study earnings automatically applied as a payment toward your tuition. We will help you set this up on move-in day when you complete your direct deposit form. If you do not apply your earnings to tuition, or if your student account does not have a balance due, your earnings will be deposited into your bank account each payday to help cover indirect costs like books or travel. 

Work eligibility

To be eligible to work on campus, you must fill out an I-9 form, a W-4 form, and an earnings authorization form. Don’t worry about completing these forms before arriving; the Payroll Office will provide the forms and explain the details on move-in day. You will complete your paperwork after you get your college ID photo taken (Location: Library).

In addition, you must complete any outstanding documents requested by the Financial Aid Office (FAO). All students who wish to work on campus must have the approval of the FAO. Contact their office directly if you have not been given a work award and would like to begin working on campus.

Necessary documents for paperwork—bring these with you!

The most common combinations of documents required to complete employment paperwork are listed below. You must bring the original documents; copies don’t count. A full list of accepted documents is available online.

  • An unexpired U.S. passport or Permanent Resident Card
  • A driver's license or photo ID AND a social security card or birth certificate (original or certified copy) *Note: If you are under the age of 16, you must bring both your social security card and birth certificate (original or certified copy).

  • A voided check or similar bank document with your bank's name, your name, the bank's routing number, and your bank account number. These details will provide the information needed for electronic deposit of financial aid refunds and earnings from your campus job.

What if I don’t have a work award?

While you may not have plans to work right away, it is very likely that you will work on campus, participate in a summer research program, or receive funding for an off-campus experience during your time at Beloit College. Why wait? Take care of payroll paperwork on move-in day and you will not have to worry about it later. Plus, your parents can take your important ID documents home with them for safe keeping.

Pay periods

Beloit College processes student payroll twice each month. You will be paid on the 15th of each month for work done in the second half of the previous month and on the 30th/31st of each month for work done in the first half of that month..


Beloit College will withhold Wisconsin income tax from your wages unless you claim exemption from withholding as an Indiana, Kentucky, or Michigan resident. Illinois residents are subject to Illinois withholding. Your campus earnings are exempt from Social Security and Medicare withholding during the academic year.