It’s your first official day as a Beloiter—and, hopefully, it’ll be a breeze. Here’s what to expect on move-in day, which is Monday, August 15.
Note to international students, Student Excellence and Leadership Program participants, and varsity athletes: You’ll receive additional correspondence about your move-in process.
On move-in day, you can check in starting at 9 a.m. at the corner of College St. and Clary St.
A formal welcome from President Bierman and others begins at 3 p.m. in Eaton Chapel. You’ll also get your ID photo taken, hook up your computer, complete employment paperwork, meet your academic advisor, get to know other new Beloiters, and generally start college life.
Become familiar with the full schedule.
Getting It All In
So, you’re bringing a suitcase/car/truck load of stuff? Have no fear. Student leaders like Resident Assistants and Orientation Leaders will be there to help you move in. Push carts, as well as golf carts driven by staff, can help carry heavy items.
New Student Days T-shirt
Celebrate the start of your Beloit career; order a T-shirt online. (Refer to the checklist.)
Arriving in Beloit
- By car: Beloit is easy to access by car.
- By plane: We recommend using Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. From O'Hare, it's an easy 70-mile drive or bus ride to Beloit. Please note that the Van Galder bus runs only from Chicago O’Hare and Chicago Midway airports, not the Milwaukee or Madison airports. Log in to the Portal to give us your flight information. Find this item on the checklist for further instructions.
- By bus: College vans will meet each Van Galder bus arrival at the South Beloit, Ill. terminal on move-in day between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. If you’re arriving outside of this timeframe, contact Orientation staff at email@example.com or 608-363-2301.
- From a hotel in Beloit: On move-in day, we’ll pick students up from the following hotels. Ask the front desk for shuttle times. Reserve a room by the deadline and mention you’re attending Beloit College to get the reduced rates listed in your print copy of Becoming a Beloiter: The Guide, but also check online rates which can sometimes be even less.
- The Hampton Inn (2700 Cranston Road in Beloit, 608-362-6000) Reserve by July 23.
- Super 8 formerly Holiday Inn Express (2790 Milwaukee Road in Beloit, 608-365-6000) Reserve by July 13.
- Best Western (5910 Technology Drive in South Beloit, IL; 815-389-4211) Reserve by August 1.
- Fairfield Inn (2784 Milwaukee Road in Beloit; 608-365-2200) Reserve by July 13.
- Ironworks Hotel (500 Pleasant Street in Beloit, 608-362-5500) Reserve by July 13.
More information on travel and local hotels can be found on the Visitors site.