Here’s what to expect on move-in day, which is Monday, August 21.
Note to international students, Student Excellence and Leadership Program participants, and varsity athletes: Your move-in day is earlier. You’ll receive additional correspondence about your move-in process.
On move-in day, you can check in starting at 9 a.m. at the corner of College St. and Clary St.
A formal welcome from President Bierman and others begins at 3 p.m. in Eaton Chapel.
The day will consist of getting your ID photo taken, hook up your computer, completing employment paperwork, meeting your academic advisor, and getting to know other new Beloiters.
Become familiar with the full schedule.
Getting It All In
Bringing a suitcase/car/truck load of stuff? Have no fear. Student leaders like Resident Assistants and Orientation Leaders will help you move in. Push carts, as well as golf carts driven by staff, will be available to assist in carrying heavy items.
New Student Days T-shirt
Celebrate the start of your Beloit career by ordering a T-shirt online. You can find the form on the checklist.
Arriving in Beloit
- By car: Beloit is easy to access by car.
- By plane: We recommend using Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. From O’Hare, it’s an easy 70-mile drive or bus ride to Beloit. Please note that the Van Galder bus runs only from Chicago O’Hare and Chicago Midway airports, not the Milwaukee or Madison airports. Log in to the Portal to give us your flight information. Find this item on the checklist for further instructions.
- By bus: College vans will meet each Van Galder bus arrival at the South Beloit, Ill. terminal on move-in day between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. If you’re arriving outside of this timeframe, contact Orientation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-363-2301.
- From a hotel in Beloit: On move-in day, we’ll pick students up from several hotels in the area, listed below. Ask the front desk for shuttle times. Reserve a room by the stated deadline and mention you’re attending Beloit College to get the reduced rates listed in your print copy of Becoming a Beloiter: The Guide, but also check online rates which can sometimes be even less.
- Ironworks Hotel (500 Pleasant Street in Beloit, 608-362-5500) A three minute walk from the college and downtown.
- Hampton Inn (2700 Cranston Road in Beloit, 608-362-6000) Reserve by July 20.
- Fairfield Inn (2784 Milwaukee Road in Beloit; 608-365-2200) Reserve by July 18.
- Best Western (5910 Technology Drive in South Beloit, IL; 815-389-4211) Reserve by August 1.
- Super 8 (2790 Milwaukee Road in Beloit, 608-365-6000) Reserve by July 20.
More information on travel and local hotels can be found on the Visitors site.