Updates & Announcements
Following multiple sessions with students, faculty, and staff, the College’s Senior Staff voted to shift the start of spring semester.
Beloit College is considering starting the Spring Semester on a later date to improve the student experience and enhance the safety and health of the community.
Following the example of local officials in Wisconsin and Illinois, the COVID-19 Task Force is restricting all in-person events and gatherings, excluding classes.
The new COVID-19 testing center on the 4th floor of the Powerhouse is now open, and 50% of asymptomatic students are being tested weekly.
Students who depart campus for Thanksgiving weekend are required to complete the remainder of the semester, including final exams, at home.
- December 4 – Task Force Newsletter: “WE DID IT!”
- December 3 – “Midwest Conference will not sponsor winter sports competition” letter to the community
- December 3 – “Spring Semester 2021 to begin February 15” letter sent to the community
- December 2 – “Update to Spring Semester Start Date Proposal” letter sent to the community
- November 24 – “Changes to the spring calendar” letter sent to employees
- November 24 – “Proposed shift to Spring Semester start date” letter sent to students
- November 20 – Task Force Newsletter: Travel Advice, Testing Appointments, Local Cases
- November 18 – “New restrictions imposed due to COVID spread” letter send to the community
- November 13 – Task Force Newsletter: “13 Days to Thanksgiving”
- November 6 – Task Force Newsletter: Local Cases, Thanksgiving Plans, and Farewell Tents
Email the COVID-19 Task Force: COVIDemail@example.com