This is Beloit Athletics
Who We Are and Why You Should Join Us
Student-athletes at Beloit College are just that - Students and Athletes.
As students at one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges, Buccaneers get a first-class education that will challenge and prepare them for a competitive global stage and marketplace.
The coaches and student-athletes within the Department of Athletics offices at Beloit College enrich and augment that experience.
Our student-athletes are mentored by both professors and coaches (and even teammates), challenged to think creatively and actively (on the field of competition and in class), and asked to practice and relentlessly test their skills, knowledge and perceived limits in a supportive but goal-fulfilling environment that doesn't end (or begin) on the court, field or pool-side.
As wearers of the Blue & Gold, Buccaneers hold themselves to the Gold standard. As individuals and athletes, citizens and classmates, they believe in preparation, good will, and high standards. If this appeals to you, we hope you schedule a visit to the College and make plans to meet personally with our coaches and some of the students that may become your teammates.
Some Items You Need to Know About Buccaneer Athletics
- Beloit College sponsors 19 sports, 10 for Women and 9 for Men.
- Throughout the sports year, approximately 30% of the student population is involved in intercollegiate athletics.
- At Beloit, the opportunity to compete in two sports, or even in some cases three, is common.
- The Bucs compete in the Sports Center, which includes Flood Arena, and at the Strong Stadium Complex. Both facilities are recognized as two of the finest in the region.
- The Fitness Center and Strength Training Complex, located in the Sports Center, have been upgraded and enhanced recently to meet the needs of our student-athletes and give them the ability to train for championships.
- The Midwest Conference, of which Beloit is a charter member, consists of 11 institutions in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa.
- Beloit is centrally located within the MWC and, as a result, the longest road trip is about four hours. Classes are rarely missed, enabling the student-athletes to remain in the classroom to meet the on-going challenges of their coursework.
- Beloit is affiliated with NCAA Division III athletics, the largest of the NCAA's three divisions and consisting of nearly 450 members.
Interested in learning more? Visit the Recruit Me page to get started.
We're looking forward to you being a part of our team!