- November 18, 2017 at 7:32 pm
- November 18, 2017 at 5:02 pm
- November 18, 2017 at 4:30 pm
- November 18, 2017 at 10:25 amThe Buccaneer swimming and Diving team is on the road Saturday Nov. 18th at the Gene Davis Invite hosted by Lawrence University in Appleton, WI. You can watch the meet live https://portal.stretchinternet.com/lawrence/.
- November 16, 2017 at 4:54 pm
- November 16, 2017 at 2:11 pm
- November 16, 2017 at 1:03 pm
- November 16, 2017 at 11:39 am
- November 13, 2017 at 12:06 pm
- November 13, 2017 at 9:36 am
Rock Island, Ill. -- On November 11th the Beloit cross-country team made the trip down to Rock Island Ill. where Augustana hosted the Regional Championships.
The crisp 42° weather was a welcomed spike from the 34° the day before as hundreds of runners lined up at the starting line. The team went into this meet with nervous excitement as many runners had an amazing performance at the Conference meet two weeks prior.
Of all the standouts Buccaneer fans had their eyes on Daniel Arkes (Junior, co-captain) and Miranda Simes (Honors-term senior, co-captain) who have both been building up to this meet in terms of time. Both athletes delivered and had earth-shattering PRs while there were a few runners that went above and beyond expectations.
Jamie Manchen (Junior) was one such runner who made her presence know by throwing down a 30+ second PR and led the women’s teams by being the first Beloit finisher. Noah Sisson (Sophomore) also stood out earning PR just under a minute.
As stated Jamie Manchen (Junior) led the women’s team in 119th place with a time of 23:31.3 followed closely by Miranda Simes (Senior, co-captain) 133rd with a 23:41.7. In 171st place was Sophia Miliotis (Junior) earning herself a 24:19.6. Britta Johnson (Junior) crossed the line in 198th place with a time of 25:06.2.
Rounding out the scoring five for the women was Fiona Cismedia (Freshman) in 213th place crossing the line at 25:36.0.
On the men’s side Daniel Arkes (Junior, co-captain) led off with a 25:29.9 in 85th place. Behind him in 144th place crossing the line at 26:35.8 was Noah Sisson (Sophomore).
In 168th Forrest Lloyd (Senior) finished with a 27:03.4. Charles Sandberg (Sophomore) finished in 180th place earning himself a 27:13.2. Finishing out the scoring runners in 206th was Gunnar Fairbairn (Freshman) finishing at 28:10.1.
Men’s Team Scores
The top seven of the 36 teams progress to the National Championships:
North Central 34
La Crosse 81
Washington U. 124
Eau Claire 133
U. of Chicago 226
Stevens Point 260
Beloit finished 27th with 773 points
Women’s Team Scores
Seven out of the 37 teams go to the National Championships:
Eau Claire 59
Washington U. 75
La Crosse 109
U. of Chicago 131
River Falls 208
Beloit finished 29th with 815 points
- November 11, 2017 at 8:08 pm
- November 11, 2017 at 8:06 pm