Student Symposium is taking place tomorrow, April 17. Click here for details, schedule.
1. Buildings/Memorial Hall
- Constructed to commemorate the Civil War dead of the College and the City. Files include architectural correspondence, circulars appealing for money, correspondence with speakers including William T. Sherman (who declined).
2. Beloit College in the Civil War by Clifford L. Day, 1915
- The Response to the Call; The Part of Women in the War; The Effect of the War on the College; Memorial Hall.
3. Beloit College Civil War Roster – compiled by S. E. Lathrop 1867
- Stanley Edwards Lathrop, 1867, served as a Sergeant in Company M, First Wisconsin Cavalry, from 1861-65. This roster was compiled in 1919. It is an alphabetical list of both Academy and College students who served, and contains both a general summary, and lists of those who were killed in battle and those who died of disease. It has been corrected in places by Professors Richardson and Irrmann, both archivists of the College.