This college — and this type of education — is more relevant than ever.
A degree of confidence
As a parent, you can feel confident that when your child studies at Beloit they will develop the skills necessary to find meaningful work and adapt to career changes throughout their lives.
170 years of innovation
From its founding in 1846, Wisconsin’s oldest college has understood that students thrive when they’re empowered to take intellectual leaps and test what they learn in practical, community-based settings.
Today that means using the City of Beloit as a classroom, doing ambitious research with a favorite professor, writing your own business plan, and getting a CELEB grant to launch it in real life.
Why choose Beloit?
The hands-on, wide-ranging education we offer is more relevant now than ever. Here’s what you need to know:
- Beloit is routinely ranked a “best value” by college guides like U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Practical experience is required at Beloit. Most of our students have at least one internship — and about 25% say it led to their first job.
- We make more than $300,000 available in grants for students to afford summer internships and research opportunities.
- Beloit students benefit from an uncommon amount of advising and support from faculty and other mentors who help them develop professional skills and independence. (So after graduation #adulting isn’t such a struggle.)
- 93% of our most recent graduates are employed or are enrolled in graduate school within six months.
- First employers of Beloit grads include Groupon, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, AmeriCorps, The Smithsonian National Museum, and The Washington Post.
- The National Science Foundation ranks Beloit as a top producer of students who go on to graduate programs in science and math.
For more superlatives, see our rankings and stats.