English Proficiency Requirements
Non-native English speakers must show proof of English proficiency in the admissions process by submitting one of the following requirements. Minimum scores do apply.
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based): 80
- TOEFL pBT (paper-based): 550
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo English Test: 50%
- SAT or ACT examination results (SAT code: 1059 / ACT code: 4564)
- Currently enrolled and/or completed secondary education in an English instructed curriculum (minimum of 2 years is required).
- Completion of an intensive ESL program offered through one of our partner programs:
If you feel you have demonstrated English proficiency in a way that is not mentioned above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the English proficiency waiver request. English proficiency waivers are not guaranteed and are subject to review by admission representatives.
Students who score below our required minimum scores may be eligible for admission on a conditional basis. We encourage you to apply and one of our international admission counselors will contact you.
Sending Official Scores
In order to meet English proficiency requirements, official scores need to be sent directly from the issuing organization. Below are the links to help you submit your scores to Beloit College:
- TOEFL (institution code: 1059)
- Duolingo English Test
- SAT (institution code: 1059)
- ACT (institution code: 4564)
If you have any further questions regarding the English proficiency requirements at Beloit, please email us at email@example.com.