Degree-seeking international students who gain admission to into Beloit College will be issued a Form I-20 for an F-1 student visa following the payment of the enrollment deposit.
The Form I-20 will be sent via express mail with a complete admissions packet (admission and financial aid letter) in May for fall term enrollment, and in November/December for spring term enrollment.
What are the required fees associated with a student visa?
An international student must pay the following fees in order to receive a student visa:
- The $350 USD SEVIS fee (I-901).
- The $220 USD SEVIS fee (I-901). (J-1 Visa for exchange students only)
- The visa fee determined by the United States embassy or consulate in the country where you are applying for a student visa.
How do I pay the SEVIS fee?
For more information on how to pay the SEVIS fee, visit the Study in the States website.
After being admitted, receiving the I-20, and paying the SEVIS fee (I-901), you can apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
Bring the following to your visa interview:
- A passport valid for at least six months
- Signed Form I-20
- Beloit College admission letter
- Completed visa applications (DS-156, DS-158, and, if applicable, DS-157)
- Two 2”x 2” photographs in the prescribed format
- A receipt for the visa application fee
- A receipt for the SEVIS fee (I-901)
- Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period you intend to study at Beloit College
Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the United States. This may include proof of property, family, or other ties to your community.