Non-native English speakers must show proof of English proficiency in the admissions process by submitting one of the following requirements.
Minimum scores do apply.
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based): 80
- TOEFL pBT (paper-based): 550
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo English Test: 105
- SAT or ACT examination results (SAT code: 1059 / ACT code: 4564)
- Currently enrolled and/or completed secondary education or university study in an English instructed curriculum (minimum of 3 years is required). Submit the English Proficiency Waiver Request form.
- Testing during COVID-19: With many testing sites closed around the world, Beloit College will accept both the IELTS Indicator scores and the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition during the 2020-2021 application cycle.
- For students in China: TOEFL ITP Plus for China will be accepted until TOEFL iBT resumes testing in China. Students choosing to use the TOEFL ITP Plus for China are required to include the Vericant speaking interview.
Sending official scores
In order to meet English proficiency requirements, official scores need to be sent directly from the issuing organization. Below are the links to help you submit your scores to Beloit College:
If you believe you qualify for a waiver, please complete the English proficiency waiver request. Your request will be reviewed on a rolling basis once your application and transcripts have been submitted.