Whether at Beloit or elsewhere, you can do amazing work.
Adobe has provided temporary at-home access to Adobe Creative Cloud for impacted students, faculty, and staff so that they can continue their work remotely.
- If you receive an error about compatibility, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Creative Cloud - Windows 10 (64-bit only) or macOS 10.12 or greater. This may require upgrading your OS in order to use Creative Cloud products under this accommodation.
- It is important to choose “Sign in with Company/School account” instead of “Sign in with a Personal account” when logging into Adobe websites and products. Not doing so may result in only having access to the trial of Creative Cloud. See our documentation on troubleshooting Creative Cloud login issues for more information and troubleshooting steps.
If you have accommodation concerns as a result of your coursework taking place remotely, please contact the Director of Learning Enrichment & Disability Services.
Please move forward with student’s current accommodations in place.
When working remotely, some accommodations will not be necessary while some may be more essential than before. The challenge is that it will be hard to know exactly what accommodations will be needed for online learning until the student discovers how the course design and their disability intersect.
If you have any concerns about accommodations while teaching remotely or would like assistance, please contact the Director of Learning Enrichment & Disability Services.
LEADS staff will be happy to help with problem solving and work with individual students you feel may need additional assistance. If you have students who come to you with accommodation concerns, please have them contact the Director of Learning Enrichment & Disability Services.
Staff Available to Help
- Position: Director of Learning Enrichment & Disability Services (LEADS)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may initiate the process of declaring or changing a major or minor or adding or dropping a course by emailing the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Using this email address will allow the office to track the status of each request, contact faculty members for electronic signatures, etc.
Beloit College has a strong commitment to beyond classroom learning which is embodied in our general education requirements and infused throughout the curriculum and co-curriculum, both developmentally and disciplinarily. This raises particular challenges in light of the COVID-19 pandemic when our first priority is to the health of the campus and wider community. At the same time, we remain committed to helping students meet experiential learning goals.
Students should email their supervisors and community partners to let them know that they will not be able to come to the site and ask if there is work that they can do remotely. They should copy their supervising faculty on this email.
If the student is enrolled in a credit-bearing experience, supervising faculty may provide alternate assignments tailored to the learning goals of the course if remote work from the site is not possible.
Guidelines and resources for thinking about how to adapt experiential assignments and courses, including internships and LAP courses, are available.
If you want to record a presentation or lecture you can use narration tools in Google Slides or Powerpoint. All students should have free access to Powerpoint through Microsoft 365.
Alternatively, a solo Zoom session can be recorded including video of your computer screen and include a whiteboard option.
If the recording (audio and video) includes only the instructor, it is not a student educational record and not subject to FERPA guidelines.
- Using Zoom to Create Quick and Easy Screen Recordings – Southern Methodist University
Taking classes at home, finding a study environment that works for you, and adjusting to new circumstances can be stressful. Here are some resources that might be of help.
Accessible by Anyone
Anyone can access these materials. Creating an account may be required.
Started by Faculty
The following options need to be started by a faculty member before the material is accessible to students in their course(s).
- Knewton Alta – Interactive learning resources for Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Pearson – Access to digital materials in addition to eBooks.
- WileyPLUS – Interactive learning resources for a variety of subjects.
- zyBooks – Interactive learning resources for Computer Science, Engineering, and Math.
Learning Enrichment and Disability Services will be offering individual online tutoring! If you have had a tutor earlier this semester you will continue to work with them, unless you are told otherwise.
Unfortunately, Peer Academic Support Services (PASS) will no longer be available. If you have been attending PASS, please submit the Tutoring Request Form on the Portal.
- Go to the Portal and log in.
- Go to the Student Life section.
- Click Tutoring Forms in the left sidebar.
- Click Tutoring Request Form and complete.